Tuesday 22 January 2013

Tops Tuesdays: Final Exams

Image Source: http://savingjapan.net/category/features/

The school year is winding down for a lot of 3rd years who at my school are only required to attend a half day of school from now on. Last weekend, many students took their final entrance exam for university. Despite the fact that a few have already confirmed their attendance at certain colleges around the country, a large portion of the student body is still relying on the outcome of this exam to shape their future. All the stress of end-of-year exams (which can for some teens drive them to the edge of reason) has finally abated and students are beginning to relax before their first university classes begin in April. 

It also means I have to say goodbye to a great bunch of girls that I have gotten to know over the past couple of years. Every day for the past year, I have eaten my lunch with a small group of 3rd year students who wanted to improve their English speaking ability. These girls will be moving on to bigger and better things after the school year ends. I was able to get to know each of them a little better and I appreciate the small about of insight into the Japanese teenage experience I managed to glean from them. 

Now that this small "lunch club" is breaking up (because the 3rd year students usually leave school before lunch time now), I want to wish all of my students good luck on their final exam result, and to my girls: I hope we will have a chance to meet again one day.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...